Visit Banking in Austra...

Donate Please

Donate Please

We need your support. ...

Prev Next
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Fos' Wes Pan to Suzie Burge

Fos' Wes Pan to Suzie Burge 6 months 2 weeks ago #4276

• DesiredUserName
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
FOS.......

I have spoken to many people with complaints about their dealings with FOS and in particular the legal counsel. Maybe this sheds a little light on some of your issues?

Directly below is the letter Wes Pan sent to me. Everytime I lodged a new complaint (not previously heard) he immediately shut it down. Conflict of interest?

"Please do not lodge any further disputes with FOS as they will be deleted as outside our Terms of Reference. We will not write to you again, not because we wish to be dismissive, but because our position has been made clear and will not change.
We will continue to delete disputes where we consider it appropriate to do so, and will not give you advance notice before doing so. We are entitled to delete such disputes because to allow an applicant to continually raise new disputes and to give an applicant a new opportunity to make submissions with each separate dispute lodged would have the effect that any recovery action could be stayed indefinitely.
Any questions?
If you have any questions or want more information about our approach to the dispute, please quote the case number when you:
 call: 1300 78 08 08; or
 email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Yours sincerely

Wes Pan
Legal Counsel
Financial Ombudsman Service
c.c. CBA"

This is why cases were shut down and sometimes within an hour of being lodged!

Blurb about Mr. Pan as taken from the new AFCA website

"Wes Pan
Before joining FOS as legal counsel in 2010 in the financial difficulty team, Wes worked in the banking, insurance, and superannuation sectors. He worked in-house at Commonwealth Bank dealing with its retail banking disputes and being responsible for litigation involving its general insurance (CommInsure) and life insurance (Colonial Mutual Life Assurance Society Limited) businesses, and then worked in superannuation at AXA Asia Pacific Holdings (now AMP).

He holds a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Laws from Monash University and was appointed as an adjudicator in 2017."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

News

Major Topics

Helpful Resources

Socialize

About Us